Buy a Gift Voucher
Mermaid & Unicorn Frosting and Decorating Workshop
Mermaid & Unicorn Cupcake Decorating Class
Do you imagine yourself diving into a sea of colourful sprinkles? Cool, same. I have the perfect workshop for you.
Looking for lovers of bright colourful decorations, mermaids, unicorns, sprinkles, and all things shiny. We’re whipping up 6 gorgeous cupcakes in our Mermaid & Unicorn Frosting and Decorating Workshop.
This is a 2.5-hour hands-on workshop where you will learn the hidden tips and tricks that will make your next cupcake or cake too pretty to bite into. By the end of the workshop, you'll be taking home 6 AMAZING cupcakes that you would have decorated with your own bare hands.
There are three components to the workshop that we'll be focusing on:
1. Buttercream Frosting
You'll learn the absolute essentials in creating that perfect, fluffy buttercream you have always dreamed of. You’ll be hands-on with our Kenwood stand mixers to create our delicious buttercream. You’ll learn how to colour buttercream and even some secrets of multicolour frostings for that perfect hue of aquamarine or rainbow icing.
2. Fondant Icing
We'll show you just how easy it is to use fondant icing, from colouring it to creating 3D shapes; such as mermaid tails and unicorn horns. You will be part of an interactive and hands-on workshop with step by step demonstrations that will allow you to create your own fondant masterpieces to top your gorgeous cake.
3. Decorating Techniques
We’ll teach you how to put those finishing touches on your creations from filing a piping bag yourself and experimenting with an assortment of piping tip styles. In this Mermaid & Unicorn cupcake workshop, we’ll run through the styling of all your hand-made decorations with the perfect matching colours and piping tip techniques.
What you'll get:
6 Gorgeous themed cakes decorated by you
Our fluffy buttercream frosting recipe
We will be there for you to pick our brains and finally solve those decorating disasters. We also don't like running boring classes where you'll fall asleep listening to a boring teacher do the demonstrations and spitting out theory. This is the most awesome workshop and you'll feel EXCITED to be part of it. Oh did we mention that you get to do it all inside our most amazing kitchens? Yes, you'll feel like you're part of the Cupcake Central team on the day.
By the end of this class, you'll be decorating like a pro!
- Learn how to create the fluffiest, tastiest frosting known to human mouths
- Learn how to use multiple piping tips and frost like a pro!
- Learn how to use fondant icing, colour it and create 3D shapes, use different cutters and more
- 6 cupcakes - 3 mermaid bases and 3 unicorn bases
- Our fluffy buttercream frosting recipe
- A camera or camera phone to document your experience
- Hair tie if you have long hair
- Everything else is provided for you on the day - from aprons to pens.
- Wear comfortable flat shoes. Open toe is ok.
Casual wear with long hair tied up and comfy flat shoes
All are welcome
- For refunds on booked spots please ensure you contact our team on email@example.com or call the store on 03 9077 4542 at least 48 hours prior to the class. We normally book out weeks in advance and sometimes have a waiting list.
- Unfortunately for bookings that are cancelled under 48 hours we will not be able to provide refunds, we can possibly look to move your class to another date.
- Workshop times are just an indication only, you may finish before or after the finishing time.
- Cupcake Central will attempt to contact you on your mobile if you do not show up on the day. Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your spot if you come late or fail to attend on the day. A reminder email will be sent out a day prior to workshop date.
- Vouchers for the various workshops can be redeemed by the gift bearer when they wish to book themselves in.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and they last a year from the date of purchase.